1. Configuration: Take a printout of the configurations page. The internet explorer page will open. All addresses from the address line must be deleted.
2. Enter IP Address: You must now enter the IP address in the address bar and press enter.
3. Printer: Once you connect the printer and switch it on, the IP address that has been entered will automatically get assigned to the printer.
4. Manual Assignation: Click on the networking tab in case of a newer model of printer; open the ‘administration’ window and then click on the ‘configuration’ tab.
5. Editing: You need to edit the IP Address entered previously. For this you need a Gateway address and also a Subnet Mask. Other field should be left unchanged.
6. Apply: Ana finally you have to scroll down to the bottom and ‘apply’. Then close the internet explorer window and restart the computer.
Make sure that the configuration is set and print the configuration page again. The above steps will help you assign an IP address to your printer through the Wizard.