Any cartridge with the print head on the cartridge itself is easy to clean. HP cartridges have the print head directly on the cartridge making it very easy to clean and unclog the print heads.
Here are the quick and easy steps:
- Take the cartridges out of the printer.
- Get a small bowl and put equal amounts of hot water and rubbing alcohol in the bowl. You do not need very much. Just so that the mixture is about 1 inch deep.
- Pick up the cartridge and place it print head side down into the bowl with the water and alcohol mixture. You only need to have about half the cartridge submerged into the mixture.
- Hold the cartridge in the mixture for about 20 seconds.
- Remove the cartridge and place print head side down onto some paper towels. Dab cartridge onto the paper towels until you see the ink.
- Repeat soaking cartridge in the mixture if after a few dabs on the papertowel you still do not see ink
- Once you get ink onto the paper towel, completely dry the cartridge and put back into your printer